Rob is the founder and director of Dingo Sandbags. He is genuinely passionate and totally immersed in the health and fitness industry and as a fitness professional, performs multiple roles in which he is a strong advocate for functional training methods.
I am inspired by sports and athletes. My favourite subject in fitness by far is periodization and programming; I find it a pleasure discussing and researching how athletes go about preparing themselves to hit peak physical condition ready for their competition or event.
When it comes to functional training for athletes it’s remarkable just how similar their general physical preparation (GPP) is no matter what their sport. All athletes ranging from swimmers, to rugby players to judo wrestlers will train the same functional movement patterns as one another. They run, jump, throw, lift, squat, push, pull, lunge and brace. As I realised that sandbags are a great tool to enhance all of these actions, my passion for this training modality grew stronger. I am dedicated to delivering the best sandbag training systems in the world!
No matter if you’re a professional athlete or not; being able to be at your physical best is an awe-inspiring feeling. Our goal is to empower as many people as possible to have this feeling.”
Learning from the World's Best
Rob is committed to ongoing professional development to maintain currency in a fast-growing dynamic industry. He continues to invest time and money into learning from the world’s best including:
- Martin Rooney – Training for Warriors (Ex- Olympian, Coach to World Champion MMA Fighters)
- Dan Baker (19 Years S & C Coach – Brisbane Broncos, President ASCA)
- Michael Boyle – (Head S & C Coach – Boston Red Socks, Boston University. Michael Boyle Strength and Conditioning)
- Sergey Rudnev (IKSFA- Girevoy Sport Kettlebells World Champion)
- Vasily Ginko (IUKL- Girevoy Sport Kettlebells World Champion)
- Diploma in Fitness- ACSF
- Certified Functional Strength Coach- Michael Boyle S & C
- Master Kettlebell Instructor (Level 3)- Functional Training Institute
- Level 2 Kettlebell Sports Coach- International Kettlebell Sports and Fitness Academy (IKSFA)
- Level 2 Trainer- International Union of Kettlebell Lifting (IUKL)
Rob promotes his passion for functional training methods through the various professional roles and positions he holds. These include:
- Owner / Director- Dingo Sandbags
- Senior Presenter- The Functional Training Institute
- Teacher- Australian College of Sport and Fitness
- Personal Trainer- Cook & Phillip Park Fitness Centre