The sandbag helicopter swing has great transfer to athletic performance by building high levels of power, stability, grip and core. As this exercise is excellent for generating super strong core and shoulder stability it also requires a base strength in those areas to begin with in order to perform safely.
The inner sack again makes for an awesome tool in order to complete this exercise.
Standing, grab the inner sack by 2 hands below the velcro closure:
- Feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Activate legs and create tension in core
- Swing the bag around the body
- Aim to extend arms fully in front of the body
- Maintain tension in core throughout movement
- Keep elbows in tight as bag swings around body
- Use lighter weight to begin with