The sandbag clean to lunge is another complex, it integrates a power movement with a unilateral exercise and will improve intramuscular coordination and hit every muscle in the body.
A lighter sandbag is excellent for repetitions and to develop muscle endurance which is great for runners and sports people who need to go the distance. Using a heavy bag for smaller repetitions will develop off the mark power and speed.
Start with bag across toes:
- Clean the bag to chest using Zercher hold
- Simultaneously reverse lunge
- Step forward to standing and control drop bag to feet
- Repeat, lunging to alternate side
- Clean and catch bag in the lunge position – one motion
- Torso upright with forward focus
- Neutral spine
- Must get full hip extension before lunging backwards